March 7, 2011

Corn Bread

Looking through my cabinets/fridge I found some eggs and cornbread mix that needed to be used. I suppose hush-puppies or something might have been a more exciting choice, but out of sheer laziness I decided to make simple cornbread. This cornbread recipe would be even more fantastic cooked in a cast-iron skillet. It sill doesn't beat my favorite corn bread recipe, but it did the trick.



Ingredients:

7 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup 2 tablespoons milk
2 1/3 cup self rising corn bread mix

Equipment:

Bowl & Spoon or Mixer & Beater attachment
9 inch pan (round or square)


Directions:

  • Cream the butter & sugar








  • Combine rest of ingredients till well blended








  • Pour into greased baking pan
  • Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean





  •  Cut & Serve. Enjoy!







Cost:


butter 0.58
eggs 0.25
sugar 0.12
milk 0.23
CornBread Mix 0.88

2.06

No comments:

Post a Comment