February 8, 2011

Whipped Sweet Potatoes - Attempt #1


No, I didn't attach the wrong picture here. This is called making lemonade when life hands you rotten sweet potatoes. I had planned on making one of our favorite suppers - sweet potatoes with pulled beef and onions. Except I was especially looking forward to today's meal, as I'd never whipped sweet potatoes before and it sounded divine!

Unfortunately it wasn't until I served up the mouth-watering whipped concoction at 9:30p that I realized there were hundreds of strange little brown and pink rock-hard lumps all in it. I don't know much about the 'going bad' process of sweet potatoes, but this sure didn't seem right. As a result, I lost my appetite and Mr. V ate the beef & onions as tacos.

Planned ingredients

Potatoes prepped with balsamic sauce

Drooling deliciousness

My sweet potatoes are growing little brains...yuck!

I'll be headed to Harris Teeter tomorrow to complain. I just bought these on Saturday! I should have known better too, because I was picking from a disappointing selection of half-rotten fruit-fly-covered potatoes, but I thought I'd found a healthier section in a different part of the produce department.

I'll post the recipe next time when I try again :) It really is fantastic even when the potatoes aren't whipped. I can't wait to try them all light and fluffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment