January 26, 2011

The Challenge

Welcome, and thank you for joining me on this journey. The first thing you should know is, while I adore my KitchenAid, I'm not a mixer snob. Any sturdy stand-mixer should accomplish the same recipes. In fact, those of you with more patience and endurance than I have may even be able to create the same things with a good hand mixer.

Challenge:

From February 1 - April 30, 2011 I will use my KitchenAid mixer at least once daily each Monday-Saturday. I will create a blog-post (complete with pictures!) for each of my creations.

Main Goal:

I want to get more familiar/creative with my KitchenAid mixer without going over our monthly grocery budget. If I stick with this, I've promised myself some new attachments and maybe a new cookbook or two.

Underlying Goals:


  • To create a free user-friendly collection of KitchenAid recipes (or recipes for any stand mixer really)
  • To encourage my very picky 2 year old son to try more foods
  • To become a better food photographer
  • To become a more conversational writer. I would love to be able to incorporate my sense of humor (What's that? You can't tell I have one? Yeah...I know...dry post walking)
  • To practice forming good habits by pushing myself to do something every day for a set amount of time
  • To honor the Lord in keeping a weekly day of ceasing - http://urlm.in/guou
About me: 

I am a Christian woman with two great kids and a husband who loves to eat. I work a part-time job and a pursue a new hobby/interest nearly every year. Oh, and I'm also working toward my bachelor's degree. Tired much? But aren't we all, and we still have to eat. Good thing I (mostly) love to cook. You can bet that most of what I make will be easy if not quick, tasty if not gourmet, and generally affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment